Name: Anca Veronica Ion
Research Group: Mathematical Modelling
Research interest: Qualitative and numerical analysis for evolution equations (differential equations, functional differential equations, partial differential equations), dynamical systems theory, bifurcation theory.
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Date and place of birth: 30 iunie 1959,
Studies: - Faculty of Mathematics, University of Bucharest, 1978-1983;
- PhD in Mathematics, PhD Thesis defended at
2008 - “Gh. Mihoc –C. Iacob” Institute of
Mathematical Statistics and Applied Mathematics of
- 1993-2000 „C. Iacob” Institute of Applied Mathematics of Romanian Academy (Researcher);
- 1989-1993 University „Politehnica” of Bucharest, Department of Mathematics (Professor’s Assistant);
- 1985-1989 Chemical Institute of Bucharest (Mathematician);
- 1983-1989 Highschool Săruleşti (Teacher of Mathematics).
Vice President of Romanian Society of Applied and Industrial Mathematics – ROMAI (www.romai.ro) since 2011;
Editor of ROMAI Journal since 2010.
List of publications
I. Books or chapters in books
inerţiale pentru două probleme din
mecanica fluidelor, Seria Matematică aplicată şi industrială, 4,
- Approximate inertial manifolds for nonlinear parabolic problems and approximate solutions based upon these; applications to flow and diffusion problems, chapter in Topics in mathematical physics and applied mathematics, Editura Academiei, 2008, 133-167.
II. Articles in scientific journals
1. Bautin bifurcation in a delay differential equation modeling leukemia, (with Raluca M. Georgescu), Nonlinear Analysis, Theory, Methods and Applications, 82(2013), 142-157.
2. On the computation of the third order terms of the series defining the center manifold for a scalar delay differential equation, Journal of Dynamics and Differential Equations, 24, 2(2012), 325-340.
3. Finite volume method for solving generalized Navier Stokes equations, (with S. Ion), Mathematics and Its Applications, 3, 1 (2011), 145-163.
4. New results in the stability study of non-autonomous evolution equations in Banach spaces, (with Vladilen A.Trenogin), Journal of Mathematics and Applications, 33, (2010), 117-127.
5. A new modified Galerkin method for the two-dimensional Navier-Stokes equations, ROMAI Journal, 6, 2(2010), 155-179.
6. Stability of equilibrium and periodic solutions of a delay equation modeling leukemia (cu Raluca M. Georgescu), Journal of MiddleVolga Mathematical Society, (Rusia) 11, 1(2009), 152-163; ISBN 978-5-901661-16-1.
7. A new modified Galerkin method in the study of a reaction – diffusion equation, Works of MiddleVolga Mathematical Society, (Rusia) 10, 1(2008), 96-105, ISBN 978-5-7493-1251-5.
8. Lyapunov stability of the zero solution of a perturbed abstract parabolic non- autonomous equation, ROMAI Journal, 4, 2(2008), 105-114. MR2721243
9. Improvement of an inequality concerning the solution of the two-dimensional Navier-Stokes equations, ROMAI Journal, 4, 1(2008), 119-130; MR2721219
10. An example of Bautin type bifurcation in a delay differential equation, Journal Math. Anal. Appl. , 329(2007), 777-789.
Comparative Study of Non-Fickean Diffusion in Binary
Fluids, (cu S. Ion si D. Marinescu),
12. Approximate inertial manifolds for systems of ordinary differential equations, (cu Simona-Cristina Nartea), Sci. Annals of UASVM Iasi, XVLIII (2006).
13. Approximate inertial manifolds for an advection-diffusion problem, ROMAI Journal, 2(2006), nr.1, 99-108.
14. On the Bautin
bifurcation for systems of delay differential equations,
theorem on the fractal dimension of the attractor of a semigroup
of non-differentiable operators, Buletin şt. al Univ. din
16. Existence of the inertial manifold for a Bénard convection problem Mathematical Reports, 4(54)(2002), nr. 3, 251-256.
17. Existence and regularity of the solution of a problem modelling the Bénard convection, (cu Adelina Georgescu), Mathematical Reports, 4(54)(2002), nr. 1, 87-102.
existence of the attractor for the Bingham fluid flow problem,
family of approximate inertial manifolds for the Bingham fluid,
20. On the existence of the global attractor of the dynamical system generated by a fourth order evolution equation; the noncompact case, Analele Univ. Timişoara, Seria Matematică-Informatică, XXXVII(1999), nr.2, 57-68.
21. On the existence and on the fractal and Hausdorff dimensions of some global attractor, (cu Adelina Georgescu), Nonlinear Analysis, Theory, Methods & Applications, 30(1997), 5527-5532
22. On the Hausdorff and fractal dimensions of the global attractor of a dynamical system generated by a fourth-order partial differential equations, Analele Univ. Timişoara, Seria Matematică-Informatică,, XXXV(1997), nr. 1, 219-228.
23. An approximate kinetic treatment of slow-initiated living polymerization. I. First-order initiation and propagation, (cu R. Bordeianu, E. Buzdugan, etc.), Journal of Macromolecular Science-Pure and Applied Chemistry, A26(1989) nr. 11, 1555-1570.
24. An approximate kinetic treatment of slow-initiated living polymerization. I. First-order initiation and propagation, (cu R. Bordeianu, E. Buzdugan, etc.), Journal of Macromolecular Science-Pure and Applied Chemistry, A26(1989), nr. 11, 1539-1553.
II. Articles published in proceedings of some conferences
25. New results concerning the stability of equilibria of a delay differential equation modeling leukemia, Proceedings of The 12th Symposium of Mathematics and its Applications, Timișoara, 5-7 noiembrie 2009, 375-380, MR2655060.
26. A finite volume method for solving generalized Navier Stokes 2D equations, (cu S. Ion), Proceedings New Trends in Complex Fluid Modeling – CFM 2009, 51-53.
27. A modified Galerkin method leading to low dimensional accurate approximate solutions, Proceedings of the Fifth Workshop on Mathematical Modelling of Enviromental and Life Sciences Problems, Editura Academiei Romane, 2008, 79-104;
28. Discrete Approximation of Nonlinear Diffusion Equations, (cu S. Ion si D. Marinescu), Proceedings of the Fifth Workshop on Mathematical Modelling of Enviromental and Life Sciences Problems, Edit. Academiei Romane, 2008, 105-114;
29. On the semigroup properties of a discrete diffusion process, in Mathematical Modelling of Enviromental and Life Sciences Problems, (cu S. Ion), Editura Academiei Romane, Bucuresti, 2004, 159-166.
30. Two generalizations of the uniform Gronwall lemma, Proceedings of CAIM 2003, Univ. Oradea, 136-138.